How to get images out of mysql database with php and use them on my webpages
- PHP Version - PHP 5x
- Mysql Version - 5
- Creating a Test Mysql Database
- Php Script to Load Images in Mysql Database
- Php Script to retrieve images from mysql database
- Example of calling php script with img HTML tag
- Explanation of Image Script
This tutorial expands on another database/image how-to How to Store Images in Mysql Database. In the Images In tutorial I showed you the basic steps to opening a file (your image file) and read it into a variable ($img), convert that file using php's base64_encode() function, and stick that file into a Mysql database. Now, you will learn how to bring those images back out of your Mysql database, and output them to a web browser.
Retrieving Images From Mysql Database With php
This Tutorial will cover two different ways of taking images out of a mysql database and rendering them with a php document.
- Create a mysql database with a table matching (Database Example)
- Database name is "test_imgs"
- Table name is pictures
- "id" is primary, key, not null, and auto_increment
- "pics" blob not null
- "ext" is varchar(4) not null
- "gender" is varchar(7) not null
- I will assume English mysql defaults for everything else.
- Practice script "test.php"
Uploading Images Script
First Image Rendering Method
PHP Image Rendering Script
This is the first method for rendering database images with php and mysql.
This method determines what type of image it is retrieving from the database, and uses one of the follwoing php functions to render the images to end users.:
Second Image Rendering Method
- Create a file named "test03.php" copy Second Method Script to it. (See below)
- navigate and execute test01.php script
- Next click the next link and go to test_02.php to view your image.
- Now Go back to test02.php PHP Image Rendering Script and comment out all of the php header() functions.
- After commenting out the header() fucntions type test03.php into your browsers nav bar.
Second Method Script
Using the Sctipts
After building the database, and uploading all the example files and images to your server:
testpic.jpg will be sent to your MySql server with an id of "1".
Notice that on the test03.php page, I inserted test_02.php in the img tag. This tells the the client machine to request the pic from the server.
using php cookies variables
Using Cookie Variables in PHP
Setting cookies in php is pretty straight forward. There is a php function:
This function mu
Storing image locations mysql Storing Image Url Location in Mysql Database
Storing images in the Mysql Database using php can be done by encoding the whole image with a function called base64enco
Filezilla Filezilla Ftp Client, FTP SERVER vs Wsftp
By: D.Shaun Morgan
While I was writing this article, about halfway through, I realized that it would be unfair to tell my readers about
how to write php functions php Explanation of a Basic PHP Function
What is a PHP function?
In PHP a function represents a block of instructions that perform
register globals long arrays php Security, php.ini, register_globals and register_long_arrays
Author: D.Shaun Morgan
Versions and Skill Level
PHP Version - PHP 5x